Taking into account the available data and the opinions of the main stakeholders, the Federation’s board of directors decided not to issue new startup and extension quotas for 2018.
Decisions are made by the Federation’s board of directors based on seven criteria:
- sales growth and expected growth,
- strategic reserve inventory levels,
- buyer inventory levels,
- updated actuarial studies on ideal inventory levels,
- increases in productivity,
- compliance rates with new project implementation deadlines, and
- CIE’s opinion (Conseil de l’industrie de l’érable, the buyer’s association).